Welcome letter from the SAS President,
About the SAS
• The purpose of the SAS is to foster interest in, and promote the general knowledge of, astronomy and related sciences
and have fun in the process.
• We are located in Stockton City within the San Joaquin Valley of California, U.S.A.
• The SAS offers lecture and tutorial programs, viewing opportunities at schools, and monthly public viewings at
Oak Grove Regional Park, Delta College and special astronomical events.
• The SAS was founded by a group of local astronomy enthusiasts led by Stockton physician Clarence Custer
and we've been looking up ever since.
• Meetings of the Stockton Astronomical Society are held on the second Thursday of each month and are open to the public.
• The meetings are held at the University of the Pacific, Room 120, Olson Hall.
• "Valley Skies" is the monthly newsletter of the Stockton Astronomical Society.
• "Valley Skies" is distributed to the members of the SAS by email.
Membership Information & Dues
• The SAS membership is on a calendar year basis.
• Basic membership is $20.00 per calendar year, and includes the entire family.
• Student membership is $10.00 per calendar year, and is available for any individual enrolled full-time in any school.
• These dues are used to publish the monthly newsletter and maintain the club owned equipment.